Sunday, February 13, 2011

Presentations need an Executive Summary too

I'm sure you all understand the importance of a good Executive Summary for your tender submissions, but do you have one at presentation stage?
Last week I had to attend a Q&A session after being shortlisted for a large tender. I knew that there were a couple of areas where we were potentially weak so rather than hope the panel didn't drill down too deeply, I made sure I covered them off in my introduction. The result was that I wasn't later questioned on these issues and had been able to place our organisation in the best possible light.
Without such an introduction I would have been restricted to answering just the questions that were put to me, or worse have our offer held out as being deficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment